Greater London Chess Club
SUMMER RAPIDPLAY TOURNAMENT
Open to all players
Five-round Swiss Tournaments
OPEN, MAJOR (U-1825 FIDE/ECF)
and MINOR (U-1450 FIDE/ECF)
ECF and FIDE Rated
Prizes in each section:
1st £60, 2nd £30
Saturday 16 July 2022
Upper Vestry House, St George's
6 Little Russell Street, London WC1A 2HR
Directions to venue
Doors open 9.45am
Entries on the day accepted before 10am
Tea and coffee available throughout the day
10.30 Round 1
11.45 Round 2
12.45 Lunch break
13.30 Round 3
14.45 Round 4
16.00 Round 5
17.15 Prize giving
- FIDE Laws of Chess (2018) apply, unless otherwise stated.
- Mobile phones must be switched off at all times during play.
If a player has a specific reason for keeping their phone on,
they should make this known to the controller at the start of
the tournament. Otherwise, if a player's phone rings or makes
a noise during play they shall lose the game.
- Players not arriving at the board within 10 minutes of the start
of a round shall be defaulted. Their opponent shall be re-paired
- Entry is deemed acceptance that the controller's decision is
final in all matters.
Rate of play
25 minutes + 5 second increment per player per game.
- The most recently published ECF ratings will be used. Rapidplay
ratings take precedence over standardplay.
- The most recently published FIDE ratings will be used. Rapid
ratings take precedence over standard ratings. Blitz ratings will
not be used. You can look up your FIDE rating and FIDE Identification
number (FIN) here.
If you don't have a FIN we can register you to England. If you
wish to be registered to another country you will need to contact
their Federation directly to obtain a FIN.
- If a player has an ECF and a FIDE Rating, both must meet the
rating limits for the Minor or Major sections.
- If a player does not have a current rating they should provide
evidence of playing strength. In the Minor and Major sections
unrated players may only win one third the value of any cash prize.
GLCC club members exempted from this rule.
- All results will be submitted for ECF Rapidplay rating and FIDE
Rapid rating. It is a condition of entry that players agree to
their rating data being published in the ECF and FIDE online databases.
- Non-GLCC members £20 in all sections for entries received
by Wednesday 13 July. After this date a £5 late entry
fee charge applies.
- GLCC members £15
- Players need to hold Silver, Gold or Platinum ECF membership
otherwise an additional £9.00 ECF pay to play fee applies.
If you already hold Bronze ECF membership the pay to play fee
will upgrade you to Silver.
How to enter
1. Complete the Online
2. Make payment, preferably using online payment buttons below
Public Service LeagueClub
Greater London Chess Club